Diablo III is an action RPG videogame developed by Blizzard Entertainment. It is the sequel to Diablo II and the third part of the Diablo franchise. Originally the game was only available for PC, but now you can find playable versions for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The launch of this title was one of the most important in videogaming history as it sold 3.5 millions of copies in less than 24 hours and 6.3 million copies in the first week.
Diablo III has the same mechanics and style seen in its predecessor, Diablo II, and also keeps some of the elements of the original Diablo. The game tries to focus on cooperative games and team plays. However, you can play this game solo and even complete the whole story without additional help.
Angels and Demons
Demons from Burning Hells have always wanted to invade the human kingdom. To fulfill that objective, a powerful group of Demon Lords known as Lesser Evils exiled his brothers from Burning Hells and sent them to Sanctuary. War came along; the three exiled demons, Diablo, Mefisto and Baal corrupted humans, turning them into servants. Many heroes offered resistance and managed to defeat the exiled demons. A few survived to tell the story, and now a star has fallen from the sky bringing a bad omen that foretells of the Final Judgment. Fearful people of Sanctuary are not prepared to fight against Burning Hells' armies again. Heroes of the past have disappeared or are dead. It is your turn to protect Sanctuary against the remaining Lesser Evils.
Diablo III has the same mechanics and style seen in its predecessor, Diablo II, but it also keeps some of the elements of the original Diablo.
To start playing Diablo III you will have to choose which one of the available classes of hero you want to be. The impressive Barbarian is a heavy-armed warrior who masters every weapon and fighting technique. The Witch Doctor wields the power of spirits and summons undead creatures and crawling monsters to carry out his will. The Mage controls time and elements, always searching for more power. They are rebel sorcerers that use their own bodies as a vessel for magic. The Monk is one of the most versatile classes. They are sacred warriors, divinity servants that train hard to turn every extremity into a weapon. Demon Hunters are survivors of a demonic attack and they have dedicated themselves, in body and soul, to free the world from Demons.
To move forward in Diablo III you will have to complete four acts which are divided into several chapters. Acts are set in a specific zone of Sanctuary that you will have to explore as you defeat enemies to level up and acquire better equipment for your character. This is an essential aspect of the game; you will need the best items possible in order to complete the acts, since they have increasing difficulty. Moreover, once you complete the game you will unlock new difficulty modes which will require you to have the best items to survive. For instance, if you play in Inferno Difficulty, the weakest creep will be able to destroy you in a few hits, but you will also find the best gear available in the whole game, so it’s worth taking the risk!
Diablo III 1.0 Features
Here you can see the features of Diablo III before you download it:
- Customize your skills: use runes to change the effects of your different abilities and create the perfect build.
- Never fight alone: followers are brave champions that will join you in your battle against Demons and will provide you with their weapons and skills.
- Equipped for glory: find the best items and use them to improve your hero’s attributes, making him stronger
- Choose your hero class: there are 5 hero classes available, and every one of them is deadly. You are free to pick the one that suits your style of play the best.
- Expanded Difficulty: try new challenging modes like Nightmare, Hell or the almost impossible Inferno Mode.
- Hardcore Mode: this is probably the hardest mode ever created. Once your character dies, there is no way back, it’s over. You just have one chance to complete the entire game beating every difficulty level.
If you are interested in Diablo III and you need more information before you download it, feel free to check the developer’s official website.
The minimum system requirements to download and run Diablo III are listed below:
- Operating System: Windows XP or better
- Processor: Intel Pentium 2.8 GHZ or AMD equivalent
- RAM Memory: 1 GB or higher
- Video Card: Nvidia GeForce7800 GT or ATI equivalent
- Hard Disk: 12 GB free space available
- Internet Connection required to play