Angry Birds is the first release of the famous Angry birds saga. Developed by Rovio, this puzzle game has become one of the best selling apps of all time, winning awards such as the App of the Year, the Best Game App and the Best Game for Handheld Devices. Initially developed for iOS, its success on this platform led Rovio to launch it for Android, Symbian, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, PC and even videogame consoles.
The only thing you have to do is hurl little birds with your slingshot to destroy all the pigs and their buildings
The key to its success is its simple gameplay, which makes Angry Birds an addictive adventure. The only thing you have to do is hurl little birds with your slingshot to destroy all the pigs and their buildings. But this attack is not just nonsense—those bad pigs have stolen your eggs before! The physics of the videogame are very true-to-life, so you have to work out the angle and the strength of your throwing since the effect of gravity will be present. Birds will fall after a time flying, and the pigs' shelters will also be destroyed in a very realistic way.
As previously mentioned, your main objective is to destroy all the pigs to recover your stolen eggs. To this end, you depend on a limited amount of birds to throw. You have to put your slingshot in tension, aim, and just release the rubber. Birds are not all the same—there are different species, each one with its own abilities.
As well as the birds you can score with additional objects such as dynamite or rocks that will help you in your task. Each type of bird has its own advantages and disadvantages. For instance, the red bird, which is the simplest one, can just be thrown. The yellow one (Chuck), increases his speed once you tap on him, providing a boost to his strength in the launch. The blue birds can be split into three birds, and this way, hit more targets.
Black bird (Boomb) explodes when you tap him, or three seconds after touching something. The white bird, (Matilda or the Hen) releases an egg that hits a target from above. The green bird, Hal, is a toucan with a boomerang effect; and finally, the big red bird, Terrence, is the brother of Red, and the most powerful among the regular birds (without taking into account the Mighty Eagle), and he can cause huge damage to all materials.
Angry Birds 4.0.0 Features
Here you can see the main features of Angry Birds:
- Ten episodes and two bonus ones to play
- Lots of birds to use against the piggies, each one with its unique abilities
- You can purchase the Mighty Eagle if you get stuck on a difficult level
- Get the three starts by completing the level with extra birds
- Power-ups available to help you in your tasks
- Funny cartoon-like graphics
- More than 300 levels that provide hours and hours of entertainment
- Multi-platform: available for iOS, Android, Symbian, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, PC and consoles
If you are interested in Angry Birds and you want more information before you download it, feel free to visit the developers’ website .
The minimum system requirements to download it to your PC are:
- Operating system: Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later
- Processor: 1.0 GHz
- RAM memory: 512 MB RAM
- Graphics card: compatible with OpenGL 1.3
- Hard drive space: 60 MB free available
If you want to download it to your mobile devices, the minimum requirements are:
- Operating system: Android 2.3 Gingerbread or later versions / iOS 4.3 or later
- Free space: 44 MB for Android / 42.5 MB for iOS