TweetDeck is the free and official desktop client for Twitter, which not only allows its users to check their own accounts, but also provides some advanced tools for different services. The main difference between the main Web service and this desktop application is that this is more customizable than the main webpage, thanks to its interface divided into different columns.
This application is specially developed for those users that need to control many social network accounts at the same time. TweetDeck allows you to connect to as many profiles as you need, and being able to choose the information you want details about them. For example, in the case of Twitter, you can set different columns and each one will show different data such as interactions with other users, your timeline, or the current trends on the Internet.
TweetDeck allows connecting as many profiles as you need
Its functionality is pretty easy to follow, since it doesn’t’ incorporate much that is different to the social network's webpage, but we find it more comfortable to handle all Twitter’s characteristics using TweetDeck. Thanks to its automatic refresh feature you won’t have to update anymore, new posts and tweets will be shown in real time, which really saves time for its users.
TweetDeck supports services for shortening large URLs, and to upload media content, such as images to popular websites, in order to embed that content to your tweets or posts. This way, the publications you create will be more attractive than plain text. Its multiple accounts support increases its public range, using Facebook, Foursquare, MySpace and even LinkedIn. Managing all these profiles simultaneously saves time, and with TweetDeck you can do it without opening several tabs in your browser.
The program allows you to filter the content that your contacts display. You can mute users’ publications or just concentrate topics to avoid noise or unwanted posts. If you want to share conversations to other media services, TweetDeck provides the facility to export custom timelines that can be embedded into other websites like forums or even other social networks. That is all up to you.
TweetDeck 2.7.1 Features
Here you can find the unique features this application grants to its users after download:
- Easy browsing, laying out as many columns as you want showing different kinds of information according to your interests on your social networks
- Real-time information for getting all the posts the moment they are published on the Internet
- Possibility of muting users and topics for avoiding noise in your timelines and for taking full control of the trends you manage
- Multi-account support with different networks such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn among other popular services
- Schedule your posts, choosing publishing new content in the future at any time you consider suitable
- Upload media content immediately thanks to the direct access to several online multimedia services without downloading additional utilities
If you want more information about TweetDeck before downloading it, feel free to visit its official website.
In this section you can find the requirements for TweetDeck:
- OS: Windows XP or later
- Processor: 233MHz or faster
- Memory: 32 MB RAM
- HDD: 30 MB free disk space