K-Lite Codec Pack Full is a set of codecs, filters and tools essential for allowing visualization of almost all multimedia files. Developed by Codec Guide, this package is free of charge, and is the fourth version of codecs packs from this author, following on from the Basic, Standard and Mega versions. It contains basic components to play all the top common movie file formats, and Media Player Classic; and it also includes GraphStudioNext and some extra DirectShow filters.
These codecs and filters are VFW/ACM codecs and DirectShow filters, useful to encode and decode most popular formats of audio and video, and some that are very specific. This download insures that you can play all your movies and music files, because it contains everything necessary to decode the signal flow and recover it for the playback.
K-Lite Codec Pack Full is designed by codecs experts, with the objective of providing a comprehensive and easy-to-use solution, but it also provides many advanced options, making it suitable for both beginners and specialists. This helpful tool is very flexible, and even allows you to change the parameters of the decoders and configure splitters to suit your workflow.
How to use
K-Lite Codec Pack Full is regularly updated, which means that it always has the latest components and newest advances. It includes a user base that resolves any customer problem quickly, and the configuration of this packet is designed with the vision that the components work in harmony as a team. You are able to manage the installed codecs because this download also includes useful tools to configure them.
The installer included is intelligent and is completely customizable
The installer included is intelligent but simple and quick. It is completely customizable and it automatically changes its parameters according to your version of Windows or the requirements of your PC. It includes eight automatic customization options, depending on what you want to include out of the pack. If you want all the options, you must choose profile 8, and if you want just codecs, profile 5.
It also takes into account other codecs present on your computer, adapting the installation with that information in mind. If you have spoiled codecs and broken DirectShow filters, the installer helps your system to fix problems, but it also helps you to prevent conflicts, cleaning up unnecessary components like old codecs or troublemakers.
K-Lite Codec Pack Full 10.4.0 Features
These are some of the features of K-Lite Codec Pack Full 10.1.5:
- Ideal for Windows Media Player and Media Center. The pack configures software to recognize all common audio and movie formats automatically
- It also runs well with popular players and DirectShow components: GOM Player, Media Player Classic, PotPlayer, ZoomPlayer, KMPlayer, BS.Player, among many others
- Constant updates. The user can receive the latest codec enhancements periodically
- A smart installer. The installer provides a range of settings possibilities, and eight options for customization of style
- A smart uninstaller. If you decide to uninstall the pack, it removes all the components installed by it
- Filters, codecs and tools. It provides filters of audio and video decoding, parsers, source, subtitle, and renderer. It also includes Codec Tweak Tool, Media Player Classic Homecinema, GraphStudioNext, MediaInfo Lite and the Icaros extensions, ThumbnailProvider and PropertyHandler
- Good support for MKV files, great performance with SSA/ASS subtitles and generation of video thumbnails
- It provides additional hardware acceleration options: NVIDIA CUVID and Intel QuickSync
If you want more information about this software before you download it, feel free to check the author’s website
The minimum system requirements for a correct installation of K-Lite Codec Pack Full are:
- Operating System: Windows XP or later (32 and 64 bits)
- Processor: 233 MHz
- RAM Memory: 64 MB
- HDD Space: 26.1 MB of free space